The Farm Winery » Profile
The Farm Winery seeks to make wines that best express the character of Westside Paso Robles. We admire and respect what has been done here before. We wish to bring a nuance – the same intensity along with greater elegance.
That is, wines that "don’t punch you in the face." By that, we mean, wines you can more easily discover and explore their complexity. Wines that talk to the drinker from a position of humbleness grounded in their knowledge of themselves. We believe in wines that speak forcefully without screaming.
Wines allocated to members through The Farm Winery website.
About Santiago Achaval - winemaker & partner
Santiago Achaval has received global acclaim, including:
• Wine Spectator in December 2013 rated more than 460 Argentine wines. The top 3 were all made by Santiago.
• Wine Spectator's Top 100 Wines of 2012 named his wine to the top 10 in the world.
• Wine Advocate (Robert Parker) has rated six of Santiago's wines at 98 and 99 points;
• Six times since 2005 being on Wine Spectator's Top 100 wines of the world list;
• Wine Advocate rating his wines 95 or higher at least 18 times;
• Decanter tasting 255 Malbecs with his in first place;
• Wine & Spirits naming his eponymous property "Winery of the Year" based on blind tastings of more than 9,000 wines globally;
• Wall St. Journal declaring, "arguably Argentina's first 'cult' winery" and Santiago as "one of Argentina's most revered winemakers."
• Since the inaugural release of 2009 vintage, twenty times The Farm Winery wines have been scored 92 or higher.
• In 2014, The Farm Winery's, Touchy-Feely, matched the highest score from Connoisseurs' Guide to California Wine for a Grenache-based wine in the last decade.
• In 2013, The Farm Winery's, Cardinal, was the highest rated Paso Cabernet by both Wine Advocate (Robert Parker) and Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
• In 2012, Cardinal was the highest rated Paso Cabernet by Wine Spectator, as well as WS's highest rated Paso Cab in 8 years.