The Farm Winery » Profile
The Farm Winery seeks to make wines that best express the character of Westside Paso Robles. We admire and respect what has been done here before. We wish to bring a nuance – the same intensity along with greater elegance.
That is, wines that "don’t punch you in the face." By that, we mean, wines you can more easily discover and explore their complexity. Wines that talk to the drinker from a position of humbleness grounded in their knowledge of themselves. We believe in wines that speak forcefully without screaming.
Wines allocated to members through The Farm Winery website.
About Santiago Achaval - winemaker & partner
Santiago has received global acclaim, including:
* Wine Spectator's Top 100 Wines of 2012 named his wine to the top 10 in the world.
* Robert Parker in December 2011 rated seven of Santiago's wines with the lowest score being 96 and several at 98 and 99 points;
* Wine Spectator Insider August 2012 naming 2 wines as "Hot" scoring 95 & 96;
* Five times since 2005 being on Wine Spectator's Top 100 wines of the world list;
* Wine Advocate rating his wines 95 or higher at least 18 times;
* Wine & Spirits naming his eponymous property "Winery of the Year" based on blind tastings of more than 9,000 wines globally