WINE COUNTRY PRESS
Media Contact: Meagan Callahan
29TH ANNUAL PASO ROBLES WINE FESTIVAL, MAY 20 – 22, IS THE MEET THE WINEMAKERS EVENT OF 2011
NEW Futures Auction Gives Back to the Local Community: Tickets Now on Sale!
Paso Robles, CA (February 16, 2011) The winemakers of Paso Robles Wine Country are as distinct and different as the area’s celebrated wines, and the 29th Annual Paso Robles Wine Festival, May 20 – 22, 2011 is the event to experience how personality and rich history are reflected in every wine created. Tickets for this marquee wine event of California’s Central Coast are now on sale at www.pasowine.com. Wine Festival offers enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to meet the characters that make up Paso Robles Wine Country on their own turf: at the winery, tasting room and the Paso Robles Downtown City Park during the Friday RESERVE Tasting (3:30 – 6 p.m.), Saturday Winemaker Seminar (1 – 2 p.m.), Grand Tasting (2 – 6 p.m.) and Wine Country Auction & Dinner (6 – 10:30 p.m.). New to Wine Festival is the Futures Auction, allowing wine enthusiasts the opportunity to set aside a special case of wine in their name before it’s been bottled. Funds raised through Wine Festival auctions will be gifted back to the San Luis Obispo County community through organizations that support healthcare, education and greater community services.
“It’s a self-evident truth that the acclaimed wines of Paso Robles are like those of no other region,” said Stacie Jacob, executive director of the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance. “Our climate and terroir are unique. Likewise, our winemakers are unparalleled, and come from all points on the globe, with colorful backgrounds and from diverse winemaking cultures that enrich the Paso Robles winemaking – and tasting – experience.”
The 2011 Paso Robles Wine Festival kicks off with the popular Friday RESERVE tasting from 3:30 – 6 p.m. in the Downtown City Park. Wines in four categories will be featured – library, reserve, futures and refreshing power white/Rosé samples – complemented by culinary delights prepared by local chefs. New to RESERVE in 2011 is the addition of the Futures Auction which allows guests to bid on their favorite case of unreleased wine.
Paso Robles Wine Country comes together for the Saturday Grand Tasting from 2 – 6 p.m. More than 90 wineries will showcase the depth and breadth of wines found throughout the Paso Robles American Viticultural Area (AVA). Chefs will share their secrets, from sourcing local ingredients within 30-minute Chef Demonstrations, and Artisan Alley will feature locally grown products from olive oil to cheese and everything in between. The Winemaker Seminar – offered exclusively to Weekend Pass, RESERVE and Wine Country Auction & Dinner ticketholders from 1 – 2 p.m. – will provide attendees unusual insights to the distinct, different wines of Paso Robles Wine Country.
The Wine Country Auction & Dinner, now in its second year, takes center stage from 6 – 10:30 p.m. In a chic, temperature-controlled tent in the Paso Robles Downtown City Park, guests will sit with their favorite winemakers and proprietors in an intimate setting, taste personally selected wines and delicious wine country cuisine. The evening’s highlight will be the live auction, giving guests the opportunity to take home rare lifestyle packages exclusive to Paso Robles Wine Country. Funds raised through this auction, including the new Futures Auction during RESERVE, benefit San Luis Obispo County organizations providing healthcare, education and greater community services.
Tickets for the 29th Annual Paso Robles Wine Festival are on sale now at www.pasowine.com.
All ticket packages include unlimited wine tasting and a commemorative wine glass.
On Sale NOW
• CAN HARDLY WAIT PASS: $10 discounts on RESERVE, PREMIUM and FESTIVAL ticket levels are available through February 28, 2011. Discount does not apply to WEEKEND PASS, WINE COUNTRY AUCTION & DINNER, LOCALS ONLY or DESIGNATED DRIVER/CHILD tickets.
• RESERVE: $125 – Friday RESERVE: 3:30 - 6 p.m.; Saturday Winemaker Seminar: 1– 2 p.m.; Saturday Grand Tasting: 2 – 6 p.m. Advance purchase only.
• PREMIUM: $75 – Saturday Grand Tasting: 2 – 6 p.m.
• FESTIVAL: $55 – Saturday Grand Tasting: 3 – 6 p.m.
• LOCALS ONLY: $45 – Saturday Grand Tasting: 3 – 6 p.m. – Available to San Luis Obispo County residents, advance purchase only, deadline April 30, 2011.
On Sale March 1, 2011
• WEEKEND PASS: $325 – Friday RESERVE: 3:30 - 6 p.m.; Saturday Winemaker Seminar: 1 – 2 p.m.; Saturday Grand Tasting: 2 – 6 p.m.; Saturday Wine Country Auction & Dinner: 6 – 10:30 p.m. Advance purchase only.
• WINE COUNTRY AUCTION & DINNER: $250 – Saturday Winemaker Seminar: 1 - 2 p.m.; Saturday Grand Tasting: 2 – 6 p.m.; Saturday Wine Country Auction & Dinner: 6 – 10:30 p.m. Advance purchase only.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.pasowine.com. Photo identification verifying that ticket holders 21 and over (with the exception of the Designated Driver/Child ticket) will be required at time of event entry. All tickets are limited, and advanced purchase is strongly recommended. In addition to these events, wineries will be offering a wide array of individual events and tastings throughout Paso Robles Wine Country.
Paso Robles Wine Festival Event Details
• More than 140 area wineries will host special activities throughout the weekend of May 20 – 22, 2011, including winemaker dinners, food pairings, cooking classes, and winery & vineyard tours to complete the Paso Robles Wine Festival Weekend experience. Events and times vary. Visit www.pasowine.com for more information or to request an event brochure.
• Held on the eve of the Paso Robles Wine Festival where winemakers gather to pour an exclusive selection of their wines, the RESERVE Tasting will take place Friday, May 20, 2011, in the Paso Robles Downtown City Park Tent, 3:30 – 6 p.m. New this year during RESERVE is a FUTURES AUCTION allowing wine enthusiasts the opportunity to set aside a special case of wine in their name.
• An opportunity to learn more about the diversity of Paso Robles Wine Country and taste through different wines presented by the experts themselves is the WINEMAKER SEMINAR offered on Saturday, May 21, 2011 in the Paso Robles Downtown City Park, 1 – 2 p.m. (Available to Weekend Pass, RESERVE and Wine Country Auction & Dinner ticketholders only)
• More than 90 wineries will be on hand to pour their wines during the GRAND TASTING held Saturday, May 21, 2011 in the Paso Robles Downtown City Park, 2 – 6 p.m.
• An intimate dinner with wine enthusiasts’ favorite winemakers and proprietors, and an opportunity to bid on unique auction lots otherwise unavailable for retail sale, will take place at the WINE COUNTRY AUCTION & DINNER, Saturday, May 21, 2011 in the Paso Robles Downtown City Park Tent, 6 – 10:30 p.m.
• Funds raised through the 2011 Paso Robles Wine Country Auctions will again benefit San Luis Obispo County organizations providing healthcare, education and greater community services.
The Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance represents wineries, growers and businesses in Paso Robles Wine Country. Centrally located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, along California’s Central Coast, Paso Robles Wine Country is California’s fastest growing wine region. It encompasses more than 26,000 vineyard acres and more than 200 wineries. For more information, visit www.pasowine.com
# # #