MEMBER PRESS: PASO ROBLES WINE COUNTRY ALLIANCE MEMBER PRESS
Media Contact: Beth Nagengast
CINQUAIN CELLARS WINS 10 MEDALS, INCLUDING TWO BEST OF CLASS AT SF CHRONICLE WINE COMPETITION
Including 2 BEST OF CLASS AWARDS
Cinquain Cellars, Paso Robles AVA Relative Newcomer, Wins 10 Medals in San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, including Two Best of Class Designations
Most Notably the "2008 Malbec" and "2008 Independence Red" Win BEST OF CLASS
SAN MIGUEL, Calif. - January 13, 2011 - The results of the 2010 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition were announced this week to reveal that one of Paso Robles' relatively new wineries, Cinquain Cellars, was awarded 10 medals in this prestigious competition, one for each wine entered, including two BEST OF CLASS designations.
Medals Awarded to Cinquain Cellars at San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition:
1. Best of Class - 2008 Malbec ($50)
2. Best of Class - 2008 Independence Red for Bordeaux Blends in the $20 to $29 price range ($23)
3. Silver - 2009 Chardonnay ($41)
4. Silver - 2007 Reserve Meritage ($50)
5. Silver - 2007 Touriga & Tinto Cao Port-style Dessert wine ($41)
6. Bronze - 2007 Syrah ($41)
7. Bronze - 2008 Tempranillo ($50)
8. Bronze - 2009 Sauvignon Blanc ($23)
9. Bronze - 2008 Haiku White Blend - Roussanne, Marsanne, Viognier ($32)
10. Bronze -2007 Haiku Red Blend - Syrah, Cab Sauv, Merlot ($32)
Taste the Poetry
Cinquain Cellars invites you taste their award-winning wines at their winery by appointment. Tastings are in the barrel room with owner and winemaker, David Nagengast. The winery is just minutes off Highway 46 East at 6404 Independence Ranch Place, San Miguel, CA 93451.
About Cinquain Cellars
2006 marks the first vintage of Cinquain Cellars, one of the newer wineries in the Paso Robles appellation. Cinquain Cellars is focused on estate grown reds, including Bordeaux, Rhone, and Port varieties, as well as, sourcing fruit from select vineyards for white varieties. It is run by David and Beth Nagengast, with David tending to the vineyard and winemaking while Beth manages the sales and marketing. Learn more at www.cinquaincellars.com or www.pasowine.com.
2011 Cinquain Cellars. Cinquain Cellars is a registered trademark owned by David Nagengast.