WINE COUNTRY AUCTION : LIVE AUCTION
Let the bidding wars begin!
Guests will raise their paddles to bid on a range of sought-after lifestyle and wine country items including signed large format bottles, exclusive wine country getaways and luxurious international excursions.
There will also be a Silent Auction with a chance to win other fantastic Paso Robles Wine Country items!
Funds raised through the Wine Country Auction help to support charities providing health care, education, scholarships and other services that benefit the San Luis Obispo County community.
The Wine Country Live Auction offers a variety of unique lifestyle and wine country lots:
Taste the Terroir of Paso Robles with Stephan Asseo, Owner/Winemaker at L’Aventure Winery
The French man, who truly embodies the magic of Paso Robles winemaking, has gathered a collection of outstanding wines for your drinking pleasure. Each wine is reflective of his favorite aspects of terroir found in Paso Robles. Taste the results of Stephan’s relationship with Paso in a collection of magnums and double magnums of L’Aventure wines.
And he’s not stopping there! Experience a VIP tour and tasting at L’Aventure Winery, followed by a five-course meal for six at Il Cortile Ristorante paired with older L’Aventure vintages. All this in the company of Stephan himself!
• One 3 liter signed bottle of L’Aventure 2010 Optimus
• One 3 liter signed bottle of L’Aventure 2010 Cuvée Grand Verdot
• One 3 liter signed bottle of L’Aventure 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate
• One 3 liter signed bottle of L’Aventure 2010 Côte á Côte
• One 3 liter signed bottle of L’Aventure 2010 Estate Cuvée
• One 1.5 liter signed bottle of L’Aventure 2010 The Sibling
• One 1.5 liter bottle of L’Aventure 2010 La Suite
• Five-course dinner for six persons at Il Cortile Ristorante with Stephan Asseo
• VIP tour and tasting at L’Aventure for six persons
L’Aventure Winery // Il Cortile Ristorante
Join J. Lohr for a Weekend in Paso Robles
Begin your weekend in Paso Robles with a delicious lunch at J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines on their beautiful covered patio surrounded by vineyards. Following lunch you will accompany Jerry or Steve Lohr on a private tour of the winery, including a barrel tasting. While shopping in the tasting room, enjoy a 20 percent discount off retail prices of all J. Lohr wines and merchandise.
Later that evening at Il Cortile Ristorante in Paso Robles, you will experience the mastery of Chef Santos MacDonal as he takes you on a four-course culinary tour of his creations, specially paired with some of J.Lohr’s finest and most limited wines.
The J. Lohr experience will continue at home, as each couple will be provided a year’s membership to the exclusive Vineyard Select Wine Society, which will include two shipments of wine (fall 2012 and spring 2013) and invitations to club events.
• Private lunch, tour and barrel tasting with Jerry or Steve Lohr for four couples
• 20 percent discount
• Dinner at Il Cortile Ristorante for four couples
• Year’s membership to Vineyard Select Wine Society for each couple
J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines // Il Cortile
Still Waters Vineyards Adventure of a Lifetime
Begin your adventure when you and seven of your guests (four couples) arrive at beautiful Still Waters Vineyards in Paso Robles. Tour the gorgeous grounds and gardens and then join winemaker Paul Hoover in the barrel room for a barrel tasting and blending seminar. Your first evening on the property, you will be served your blended wines at a barbecue prepared by the Still Waters staff.
Retire that evening to the owners’ residence at the majestic Windfall Farms, located in the rolling hills of Creston. This gorgeous, historical horse facility will be your home for the next two nights. The four luxury suites have California king beds, private bathrooms, a gourmet kitchen and outdoor patios with exceptional panoramic views.
A round of golf for four at the fabulous Hunter Ranch Golf Course awaits you on your second day. Those not involved in golf will have their own shopping adventure in downtown Paso Robles. After an afternoon of fun, return to Windfall Farms for a gourmet dinner prepared by Chef Gregg Wangard of the Cliffs Resort in Shell Beach. Larry Shupnick, owner of the Cliffs Resort, will join you for dinner and provide the wines from his extensive, personal wine cellar.
• Barrel tasting, blending seminar and barbeque at Still Waters Vineyards for four couples
• Two night stay in four luxury suites at Windfall Farms
• Four rounds of golf at Hunter Ranch Golf Course
• Dinner prepared by Chef Gregg Wangard and hosted by Larry Shupnick of the Cliffs Resort in Shell Beach
Still Waters Vineyards // Windfall Farms // Hunter Ranch Golf Course // Marisol and the Cliffs Resort
Lake Tahoe Cabin Retreat
Dip your toes in the crisp, azure water, go for a hike in the Sierras, or simply sit back and relax on the deck with a glass of Pomar Junction wine as you stare off into the serene beauty of Lake Tahoe.
The Merill Family, owners of Pomar Junction Vineyard & Winery, have dropped a tantalizing card into the mix – a weeklong escape to their cabin in Lake Tahoe.
How can you resist?!
• Week stay in Lake Tahoe at the Merrill Family cabin
• Mixed case of Pomar Junction wines
• Signed magnum of Pomar Junction Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
Pomar Junction Vineyard and Winery
“A Sense of Place” Sculpture
The Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance has commissioned artist Kevin Michael Bohner to create “A Sense of Place,” a dramatic six-foot, abstract sculpture of concrete and steel alluding to the meaning of terroir.
Kevin calls some of his works “the sculpture version of graffiti.” Bohner pushes the limits of his concrete medium, “I got into sculpture through foundation work,” Bohner says. “I use the hydraulic bender more for artwork than for actual work.”
Kevin Bohner lives in Paso Robles. His day job–a General Building Contractor for his father’s construction company with an emphasis on foundation work. However, Kevin’s passion is his sculpture works. He continues to experiment with his concrete medium by designing and shaping new sculptures–exceeding the limits.
Some of Kevin’s sculptures are on display at Niner Wine Estates and in private collections throughout California. Add a piece of Paso Robles Wine Country to your art collection.
• Six-foot, abstract sculpture*
* Installation and special delivery additional.
Commissioned by Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance
Dinner with Gary Eberle
Gary and Marcy welcome eight lucky guests to their home to experience a gourmet, multi-course dinner paired with award-winning Eberle wines. They will prepare the meal themselves in the special ambiance of their vineyard home, aptly nicknamed "Club Eb."
Upon departure, each couple will receive a magnum bottle of Eberle Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
Surely, this will be an unforgettable experience further enhanced by the rhetoric of Gary Eberle, one of the founding fathers of the Paso Robles Wine Region.
• Gourmet multi-course dinner paired with award-winning Eberle wines for four couples
• Magnum bottle of Eberle Estate Cabernet Sauvignon for each couple
Off to the Ranch with Ancient Peaks
Pack up your new Weatherby .25-06 rifle and head off to historic Santa Margarita Ranch for a memorable hunting experience! Join Karl Wittstrom of Ancient Peaks Winery for a guided wild pig hunt amongst the rolling hills and oak trees of this majestic ranch’s 14,000 acres.
Once the prized pig is under your belt (so to speak), hand your spoils over to J&R Natural Meat and Sausage of Paso Robles and Templeton, who will create gourmet sausage just for you.
You can enjoy your sausage with a bottle of your choice from a mixed case of Ancient Peaks wines.
• Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 Sporter DBM, an excellent gun for hunting pig and deer on the Central Coast
Detachable Box Magazine
• Guided pig hunt on the 14,000 acre Historic Santa Margarita Ranch
• J&R Natural Meat’s gourmet sausage
• Mixed case of Ancient Peaks wines
Ancient Peaks Winery // Weatherby // JR Meats //Santa Margarita Ranch
Immerse Yourself in Pinot Noir
Take home a collection of 12 library vintages of Windward Vineyard Estate Pinot Noir procured from winemaker and owner Marc Goldberg’s private cellar, crowned with a 3-liter gold-etched bottle (by artist Candice Norcross) of the magnificent 2000 vintage.
Along with the amazing wines, enjoy a private evening for six with Marc Goldberg & Maggie D’Ambrosia of Windward Vineyard, Paso Robles’ Wine Industry Persons of the Year. Start your evening off with a taste of “Marc’s Secret Stash”, a special Vin Gris de Pinot Noir that Marc makes just for friends and family but is never sold. Tour the family winery and taste barrel samples of our youngest vintage. Join Marc and Maggie in their private home cellar, located on the 15-acre estate vineyard, for exotic tapas paired with library vintages of their award-winning Estate Pinot Noir. To conclude your evening, an extravagant meal prepared by Chef Charles Paladin Wayne (award-winning chef from the Paso Pinot & Paella Festival), paired with numerous additional vintages, both new and old.
On top of that, join the Pinot Noir producers of Paso Robles and 20 great chefs for an afternoon of great wine, creative Paella dishes, the live Latin guitar world fusion beats of Incendio at the 2013 Paso Pinot & Paella Festival!
• Collection of 12 library vintages of Windward Vineyard Estate Pinot Noir
• Three-liter gold-etched bottle of 2000 vintage Windward Vineyard Estate Pinot Noir
• Private cellar tasting with tapas for six
• Dinner paired with Windward wines
• Six tickets to 10th Annual Paso Pinot & Paella Festival on Sunday, June 2, 2013
Weekend Getaway with Chateau Margene
Three couples will spend two nights at High Ridge Manor B&B, voted one of the most romantic B&Bs/Inns in the United States by Traveler’s Choice Awards.
When you emerge from the hot tub, dinner awaits! Join Michael and Margene Mooney of Chateau Margene for a fantastic meal, paired with their wines, at McPhee’s Grill in Downtown Templeton.
Your weekend will also include a private tour, tasting, and barrel sampling with Michael, Lush Limousine service to Chateau Margene and McPhee’s Grill, and over 18 bottles of Chateau Margene’ s best.
• Two night accommodations for three couples at High Ridge Manor B&B
• Dinner for six people at McPhee’s Grill with Michael & Margene Mooney
• Private tour, tasting and barrel sampling for six people at Chateau Margene
• Lush Limousine service for six people Chateau Margene’ s Meritage blend
• Two 750ml bottles of 2006 Beau Mélange
• Two 750ml bottles of 2007 Beau Mélange
• Two 750ml bottles of 2008 Beau Mélange
• Twelve 750ml bottles of Chateau Margene’ s 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon
Chateau Margene // High Ridge Manor B&B // McPhee's Grill // Lush Limousine
Treana and Hope Family Wines Experience
Bring your friends for two nights at the ranch.
Your group of eight will enjoy a guest chef dinner prepared especially for you and paired with the best of Hope Family Wines.
Tour and wine taste to your heart’s content, as transportation will be provided for the weekend. On site, enjoy a VIP tour, tasting, and barrel tasting and then take home a large format bottle of Treana Red (one bottle for each couple).
• Two night accommodation for eight guests at the ranch
• Guest Chef dinner cooked at the ranch paired with Hope Family wines
• Transportation for weekend (one evening and one full day)
• VIP tour and tasting, including barrel tasting, at Hope Family Wines
• Four large format bottles of Treana Red (one per couple)
Treana and Hope Family Wines
Escape to the East Coast – Boston to Maine
You and three friends will jet set to the East Coast for an incredible trip from Boston to Maine. Your trip includes sports, luxury and accommodations bringing a whole new meaning to service. The lucky winners of this lot will go to the iconic Fenway Park, the oldest professional ballpark in the United States, for a Boston Red Sox game. After the game, head to the Hilton in Boston’s Back Bay to rest up before heading north to Maine. The next day, travel up the coast to Ogunquit, Maine, for a four-night stay at the Almost Home Inn Bed & Breakfast. This B&B features great food, spectacular reviews and an unbeatable hostess who knows just how to make your trip special. While there, enjoy a delectable dinner at Arrows, a James Beard award-winning restaurant! Even with all this, Billy (our Master of Ceremonies) was still worried about your ardent desire for Paso wines; to take care of that problem, he has also gathered a case of wine from both J Dusi Wines and Villa Creek Cellars to quench your thirst and sweeten the deal.
Check out this rave review of the Almost Home Inn on Trip Advisor:
“We had just the best time on our trip to Maine. The Almost Home Inn is just that. Jackie checked us in, and then gave us a car-tour of the town, so we would know where the shops/restaurants/beaches were. The rooms are large and well lighted - lots of sunshine when we were there. Jackie’s breakfasts were fantastic - lots of great food and mimosa's. The beach is a short walk and the shops/restaurants also. Boston was only about an hour and half away, so it's a short drive once you land. We recommend it highly.”
• Four tickets to a Red Sox game
• $300 gift certificate to Arrows Restaurant
• One night accommodations for two couples at the Hilton Boston Back Bay
• Four night accommodations for two couples at the Almost Home Inn Bed & Breakfast in Ogunquit, Maine
• One 750 ml case of wine from both J Dusi Wines and Villa Creek Cellars
Bill Grant // J Dusi Wines // Villa Creek Cellars // Almost Home Inn Bed & Breakfast
Art in Many Forms
We all know that art can take on many forms…So why not create the perfect blend, and the perfect blend of art. They say winemaking is a work of art, so we’ve teamed up vintners with world renowned, local artist Daniel of Paso Robles. This lot will include 2 oversized canvases along with a three dimensional bottle piece that really pops off the canvas itself! This 6 liter, hand painted bottle will be filled with the finest blend from Booker Vineyards, Saxum Vineyards, Torrin Cellars, Jack Creek Cellars & Terry Hoage Vineyards. And we’ve thrown in a few of our favorite art forms as well… the art of eating and drinking among friends and the art of some of our favorite sporting events.
Not only is this lot a collaboration between community members as donors… 100% of the proceeds raised from this lot are given back to the community through must! charities. This is the ultimate gift that keeps on giving… must! charities is dedicated to improving quality of life in San Luis Obispo’s North County by offering hope, compassion, and resources to those in need. Instead of giving charitable “handouts,” must! charities walks alongside other local organizations to create long-term, sustainable transformation within the region. Our first collaboration of 2012 is our local Boys & Girls Club. The need for licensed and quality afterschool care programs in our region is prevalent. As budgets are being cut, organizations are closing doors, and kids are left without a safe place to go.
Our artist, Daniel was born in Miami, raised in Los Angeles, Daniel is a Cuban-American artist who is an architectural designer by education and an abstract artist by nature. His Canvas Paintings embody his unique interpretations of "the unseen" and displays his uncanny ability to present layered subliminal imagery with the intention to provoke new revelation with every 90 degree rotation of any one of his pieces.
This lot speaks for itself… additionally the participating donors are offering unique embellishments for the winning bidder to delight in, to be announced during the auction.
• One 6 liter hand painted bottle filled with a blend from Booker Vineyards, Jack Creek Cellars, Saxum Vineyards, Terry Hoage Vineyards & Torrin Cellars
• 2 Oversized Canvases (4’ x 5’ each) hand painted by local artist Daniel
• Private lunch for 8 people hosted by the winemakers at a secret renovated original adobe home
• 4 VIP finish line access passes to the Tour of California stage of your choice
2 tickets to the 2013 US Open Tennis
Artist Daniel // Booker Vineyard and Winery // Jack Creek Cellars // Saxum Vineyards // Terry Hoage Vineyards // Torrin Cellars // Rabobank // Tennis-warehouse.com // must! charities
Victorian Farmhouse Getaway
Spend two nights in rustic luxury exploring behind the scenes at Halter Ranch Vineyard.
The Victorian farmhouse, originally built in 1880, has been completely remodeled to accommodate contemporary tastes. A fully equipped gourmet kitchen and outdoor barbeque is at your disposal. Each unique room, en suite, is furnished in simple elegance.
A one thousand acre ranch, set in the classic California landscape of rolling hills and oak woodlands, Halter Ranch Vineyard is planted with 280 acres of vines, both Rhône and Bordeaux varieties. Your visit includes a tour of our sustainably farmed vineyard, our new state-of-the-art winery and cave complex, and a barrel tasting of Halter Ranch estate wines.
• Two Night Stay for up to Three Couples at Halter Ranch Vineyard
• Tour and barrel tasting
• One “Ancestor” Estate Reserve Magnum Vertical 2005, 2006,and 2007
Halter Ranch Vineyard
Evening of Epicurean Delights
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery invites you to enjoy a private dinner for eight people at The Residence at JUSTIN overlooking the estate vineyard.
Begin the evening with a sunset library wine tasting with one of our wine educators and delicious hors d’oeuvres created by The Restaurant. After tasting a few rare and unique vintages, relax and enjoy a five-course dinner created just for your group by The Restaurant at JUSTIN’s own Chef Will Torres.
Round-trip transportation will be provided for your group from downtown Paso Robles.
• Five-course dinner for eight at The Residence at JUSTIN
• Private, unique vintage tasting
• Round-trip transportation
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery
What a Windfall
Host your event at Windfall Farms! The event space is yours for your private party, complete with Thacher wines for up to 50 guests.
Special events and special moments are the trademark of the catering and operations staff at Windfall Farms. A variety of unique social events for owners, their guests, and the community are offered throughout the year. Holidays and traditional events are executed in elegant fashion. Private parties, corporate outings and wedding celebrations are just a few of the possibilities available at Windfall Farms. Managed by an innovative and professional staff with an aversion to the ordinary provides the perfect location to celebrate any and all of life’s special moments.
• Event space at Windfall Farms*
• Thacher wines for up to 50 guests
* Date must be mutually agreed upon between winner, Windfall Farms, and Thacher Winery. Licensed caterer and security deposit required.
Thacher Winery // Windfall Farms
Make it a Weekend at Vina Robles!
You and seven friends will spend two nights at the charming, newly renovated Vina Robles Guesthouse at Pleasant Valley.
In the comfort of your guesthouse or on the patio with sweeping views of wine country, you will be treated to a multi-course Swiss dinner hosted by Vina Robles President, Hans-Rudolf Michel.
Complete your weekend with an educational estate vineyard tour and private tasting with winemaker Kevin Willenborg before driving off into the sunset with a selection of five vineyard-designated Petite Sirahs.
• Two night accommodation for eight people at the Vina Robles Guesthouse
• A multi-course Swiss dinner for eight people
• An estate vineyard tour and private tasting
• A selection of five vineyard designated Petite Sirahs in a decorative box – four boxes
Vina Robles Winery
So you want to be a Winemaker?
A Fall 2012 harvest internship with Cris Cherry of Villa Creek Cellars for six people.
Check-in to Call-Booth House, one of Paso Robles's most beautiful historic homes, which you will find stocked with an array of local wines, artisan snacks and fresh produce, and even some cocktail fixings! Fuel up for a hard day's work with dinner for six at Villa Creek restaurant with Cris and JoAnn Cherry; plan the pick, and decide what to drink with the creations of Chef Tom Fundaro.
Enjoy the early morning light in the vineyard with coffee, tea, the New York Times and a gourmet breakfast. Then it’s time to get to work! Punch down, CLEAN, pick, have a Tecate, CLEAN, de-stem, drink another Tecate, punch down, CLEAN ... then relax! Enjoy a gourmet civilized harvest lunch on the crush pad paired with wines.
If you wish, go back to your room, freshen up, have a massage, take a nap. Head back to the winery for a gourmet pizza party at the Cherry's home with Cris and JoAnn and the cellar crew, followed by a late night punch down session for those who want more.
• Two night accommodations at the Call-Booth House
• Dinner at Villa Creek for six people
• Breakfast, lunch and as much Tecate as you can drink in a day
• Three massages
• Pizza party at the Cherry house
• 3 signed magnums
• A mixed case to take home from the cellar
• Six limited edition Villa Creek T-shirts
• Local transportation will be provided as needed
* Dependent upon mutually agreeable dates during the harvest season, which is usually October - mid November
Villa Creek Cellars // Villa Creek Restaurant // Call-Booth House // Nature’s Touch Market, Templeton // 15 Degrees C
Wine and Dine with Niner!
Start Harvest Wine Weekend off at Niner Wine Estates with Proprietors Richard and Pam Niner on Friday, October 19, 2012 at the winery’s Harvest Wine Dinner featuring Chef Jeff Drew, a 2010 James Beard award-nominee. Join the Niners and guest Chef Drew, who comes to Niner Wine Estates from the Snake River Grill in Jackson Hole, WY, for an evening of wine paired with a delectable, Northwest-inspired, five-course meal prepared in the Niner Wine Estates Education Kitchen.
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 meet Niner Wine Estates Winemaker and the 2010 Andre Tchelistcheff Winemaker of the Year, Amanda Cramer, for a VIP winery tour of their state-of-the-art and LEED-Silver certified production winery. Following the tour, enjoy a private tasting of Niner Wine Estates award-winning wines, including their flagship Bordeaux-style blend, the 2007 Fog Catcher, recently awarded 95 points by The Tasting Panel Magazine.
And to remember your weekend experience at Niner Wine Estates, take home a vertical collection of Fog Catcher from the 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 vintages, signed by Proprietors Richard and Pam Niner and Winemaker Amanda Cramer.
• Fog Catcher Vertical (one bottle from 2005 - 2008 vintages)
• Five-course dinner for four at Niner Wine Estates Harvest Wine Dinner
• VIP Winery tour and private tasting for four
Niner Wine Estates
Wineries of 46 East Collection
For the bidder who wants a taste of everything, here is a lot with an abundance of offerings from the wineries of 46 East.
Make room in your wine cellar for thirteen autographed magnums from all thirteen wineries. Play four rounds of golf at Hunter Ranch. Get some beauty rest on the pillows of six local inns, lodges, and rentals. Take a private tour and tasting at Le Vigne Winery. Quench your thirst on Eos wines and dine on a gourmet dinner by DCS Catering. Finally, let the spoils of your winning bid all soak in over a private lunch at Mitchella Winery.
• Autographed magnums from all 13 Wineries of 46 East
• Four rounds of golf at Hunter Ranch
• A 1-night stay at each: La Quinta, Holiday Inn Express Paso Robles, Wine Country RV Resort, Black Oak Motor Lodge, Adelaide Inn, Paso Robles Vacation Rental
• Private tour and tasting at Le Vigne Winery
• Eos wines and dinner delivered by DCS Catering
• Private lunch at Mitchella Winery
Bianchi // Brochelle // Broken Earth // Cellar 360 // Chumeia // Eberle // Eos // Mitchella // Le Vigne // Rockin’ R // San Antonio // Tobin James // Vina Robles // Hunter Ranch Golf Course // La Quinta // Wine Country RV Resort // Holiday Inn Express // Black Oak Motor Lodge // Adelaide Inn // Paso Robles Vacation Rentals
Springtime in the Vineyard with Three Paso Robles Premier Vineyards
Join Alta Colina Vineyards and Winery, Caliza Winery and Epoch Estate Wines for a special food and wine weekend, and experience where it all begins – in the vineyard! Your weekend adventure starts on Friday evening with a sunset tour of the hilltop vineyard of Alta Colina. You will learn how the warm days and cool nights of Paso Robles benefit the vines and help to develop exceptional wine grapes. Following the tour, enjoy a casual wine country barbecue paired with fantastic Alta Colina wines, all while taking in the stunning 360-degree views.
The next morning begins with a tour of Epoch’s historic Paderewski Vineyard to learn how it has been restored from what was likely the first vineyard site in Paso Robles. From here, take a short ride to the heart of Paso Robles’ famed Templeton Gap and the hillside vineyard of Caliza Winery. Here, you will take an educational vineyard tour with the owner and winemaker, and talk about the detailed farming and winemaking practices of Caliza. Your time with Caliza will also include a light lunch, where you will be able to continue the conversation about “what happens in the vineyard.” Following an afternoon on your own to rest at Summerwood Winery & Inn, you will be transported back to Caliza Winery for a magical winemaker’s dinner prepared by one of Paso Robles’ premier chefs paired with both present and past vintages of Caliza’s amazing wines.
To remember and celebrate your springtime vineyard experience, you will head home with three mixed cases of wine from Alta Colina, Caliza and Epoch, along with other premier small production wineries that source fruit from these same vineyards, such as Brian Benson Cellars, Jacob Toft, Kinero Cellars, Nicora, Summerwood and others.
• Barbecue paired with Alta Colina wines for six
• Tour of Epoch’s historical Paderewski Vineyard
• Wine lover’s luncheon served among the vines for six
• Caliza winemaker dinner for six
• 3 cases of 750ml sampling of wines
• Two-night lodging at Summerwood Winery & Inn; three rooms
• Transportation from your Paso Robles hotel to all vineyard and winery events
* Valid for six people; to be held on a mutually determined date between March 1 and May 26, 2013
Alta Colina // Caliza Winery // Epoch Estate Wines // Summerwood Winery & Inn
Cruise Paso Robles Wine Country in Style!
A 1947 Classic Chrysler Windsor Limo will be at your service for a full day of wine tasting.
Break up the day with a delicious lunch with wine (of course) at your hosts,’ Cass Winery, where you will luxuriate in a three-day, two-night stay at the Guest House overlooking the 150-acre vineyard.
During your stay, winemaker Lood Kutze and Chef Jacob Lovejoy will wow you with a mouth-watering, wine-paired dinner for up to sixteen guests. End your epicurean evening with the melodies of a private piano concert by Cass Winery’s own, Alice Cass.
• Day of wine tasting in 1947 Classic Chrysler Windsor Limo for four
• Wine-paired lunch at Cass Winery for four
• Three-day, two-night stay for six at Cass Guest House overlooking 150-acre vineyard
• Private winemaker dinner for up to sixteen guests at Cass Winery
• Private piano concert by Alice Cass following dinner
Paderewski Festival Journey to Poland
The trip of a lifetime! Win a trip for two to Poland in the spring of 2013.
You will travel for seven to nine days with the Paderewski Festival exchange group, alongside Joel Peterson of Hope Family Vineyards, for an eye-opening tour of Ignacy Jan Paderewski’s homeland.
Ignacy Jan Paderewski (1860–1941), a virtuoso pianist, composer, politician (the first Prime Minister of independent Poland after World War I), humanitarian and orator, was universally acclaimed as a "Modern Immortal" by his contemporaries. Paso Robles is justly proud of its most famous resident who first purchased land in the area in February of 1914, eventually amassing a parcel of land totaling 2864 acres on some of which he planted Zinfandel wine grapes. In addition to his musical and political accomplishments, he also is remembered as a pioneer of vine cultivation in California.
Stay in Paderewski’s original manor house in Kasna Dolna, outside of Krakow, where you will be serenaded by two concerts, visit Krakow and the Royal Castle, and soak up the history and culture of Eastern Europe. The majority of meals (pierogis, yum!) will be covered, as will ground transportation in and around Poland.
Last September, The New York Times reported “Krakow may soon be the cool, post-Communist enclave with which Europe’s next crop of emerging cities is compared.”
Stateside, you will win two VIP passes to this November’s Paderewski Festival of music and a bottle of Paderewski vodka or wine. Now, how do you say cheers in Polish? Na zdrowie!
• Trip dates are approximately June 22 – 30, 2013
• Winning lots is for two people, who will share one hotel room during the trip
• Three nights accommodations (at least) in Kasna Dolna, Paderewski’s former manor house in the district of Tarnow
• Two nights accommodations (at least) in Krakow, in at least a 3 star hotel
• Five nights evening meals (at least) and majority of lunches
• Two sight-seeing excursions (at least) covered (Salt Mines, Royal Castle in Krakow, Museums, etc)
• Roundtrip ground transportation from Krakow to Kasna Dolna
• Two concerts in Poland (Kasna Dolna, Krakow)
• Lot does not include airfare, nor guarantee every expense (meals, admissions, souvenirs, etc)
• Two VIP passes to the 2012 Paderewski Festival in Paso Robles (Nov. 8 – 11), Value is $125 per pass = $250 value
• Six bottles of Cass Winery “Paderewski” Zinfandel
Celebrate a Decade of Esprit de Beaucastel
In celebration of a decade of Esprit de Beaucastel, this auction lot includes a complete vertical of every vintage of Esprit de Beaucastel that Tablas Creek has produced, ten in all, from 2000, 2002-2010, as well as all ten vintages of Esprit de Beaucastel Blanc (2001 - 2010).
In addition, the winner of this coveted lot will receive a private, VIP tour and tasting at Tablas Creek for up to six people, followed by a catered lunch or dinner, depending on the winning bidder's desires and schedule.
In addition, if the winning bidder should find him or herself in the south of France any time in the next five years, Tablas Creek will arrange for a VIP tour and tasting at Château Beaucastel.
• Vertical of every vintage of Esprit de Beaucastel (10)
• Vertical of every vintage of Esprit de Beaucastel Blanc (10)
• Private VIP tour and tasting at Tablas Creek for up to six people
• Catered lunch or dinner
• VIP tour and tasting at Château Beaucastel in France
Tablas Creek Vineyard
Luxurious Wine Country Retreat with Tobin James
Spend the night with Tobin James.
Three lucky couples will take over three separate suites in the luxurious, historical Guest House located next to the Tobin James Winery and tasting room for the weekend or for two weeknights.
This special experience includes an elaborate ten-course dining adventure prepared by Executive Winery Chef Marc LeDuc and in the company of Tobin James’ owners/winemakers. Each course will be paired with a specially selected Tobin James wine.
• Two night stay for three couples at Tobin James guest house
• Ten-course dining adventure
Tobin James Cellars